By Christian West, October 30, 2011
Fried rice, my way (simply)!.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup pre-cooked rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 1 tbl olive oil
- Kecap manis
- Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut pea-sized
- 3 eggs
- Cook rice, corn and peas and set aside.
- Add olive oil and leek to a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until leek is soft.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add rice, corn and peas and stir through.
- Flavour with generous amount of kecap manis and some soy sauce.
- Once the rice is fried to your liking, make a well in the middle and add an egg.
- Allow the egg to slightly cook and then stir it madly until it scrambles slightly. Then stir through the rice.
- Repeat with other eggs and serve.