Italian Sausage Ratatouille
By Christian West, October 30, 2011
Yummy ratatouille that adds sausages for that extra zing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 8 thin Italian sausages
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add sausages. Cook until just browned. Remove from pan and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add onion, eggplant, zucchini and capsicum to same saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until vegetables are soft. Add pasta sauce and water and bring to boil.
- Return sausages to pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sausages are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach.
- Serve with mashed potato.
- Note: Ratatouille can be made up to two days ahead. Keep covered in refrigerator. Flavours will enhance over time.