By Christian West, October 30, 2011
A recipe for flapjacks, similar to muesli bars made from whole oats.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Makes: About 10 pieces
- 110g brown sugar
- 110g butter
- 1 dessertspoon golden syrup
- 175g whole oats
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- Heat sugar, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan, stirring infrequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats and ginger, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into pre-greased 20cm square baking tin and press out evenly.
- Cook for 45 minutes in a 150C oven.
- Allow mixture to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then cut into oblong bars.
- Remove from tin when cold and store in an air-tight container.